5 Tips for Keeping Your Teeth Pearly White
Professional teeth whitening is the fastest and easiest way to achieve a fresh, new look and a smile you're proud to show off. So when you finally decide to have treatment and see the transformation, you know that you don't ever want to go back to a dull smile again!
A professional teeth whitening can be performed in a couple of different ways. You may decide you want immediate results and opt for in-office treatment; or, you might like more control over the process and choose to perform your treatment at home over a two-week period.
Tips for Keeping Your Smile Bright
In either case, the results are stunning, and you only need to take steps to maintain them for as long as possible. If you have just had a Metairie teeth whitening treatment, you'll want to keep these tips in mind:
- Be diligent about oral hygiene – Removing plaque and food debris from your teeth when you brush twice a day helps keep your smile from looking dull.
- Watch the food and beverages you choose – There's a long list of foods to avoid, but some are coffee, red wine, dark berries, tomato sauce, soy sauce, and even some curries.
- Stay up to date with professional cleanings – During your cleaning, your hygienist will brush and floss your teeth thoroughly and finish with a brightening polish. Taking advantage of these appointments is an excellent way to keep your smile bright.
- Use your custom trays for touchups – You will have received a customized whitening tray and a supply of gel to use at home. Give yourself a touchup once a month to keep your smile bright.
- Stop using tobacco products – There is nothing that will cause teeth to stain faster than tobacco use, and you can't smoke and expect a bright smile. If you would like to quit, talk to your dentist who will probably offer tips and support.
Call Oak Family Dental to Learn More
Are you thinking about professional teeth whitening? Please call our Metairie dental office so we can arrange an appointment to get started!